Developed under EU Twinning Programme, İstanbul Local Traffic Control Center is installed on 2009 in order to monitor and manage the heavy local marine traffic on İstanbul Strait and North Marmara Sea. Within project, 3 Traffic Monitoring Station (TMS) and 1 Traffic Control Center (TCC) were installed on specific locations which are determined according to system coverage area maximization.
- Actual Marine Traffic (gathered by AIS stations)
- Instant Video (provided by IP cameras)
- Meteorological and Oceanographic Data (MOS)
- VHF Radio
The purpose of the SOTAS Project is to remotely monitor and manage existing navigational aids which are distributed along the entire Turkish coastline via AIS AtoN stations. Project is one of the largest AIS AtoN implementations in world in respect to number of stations. Around 400 AtoN stations were equipped with AIS AtoNs during the project.
- Information from navigational aids and all other local AIS messages broadcast are transferred to Remote Monitoring Center (RMC).
- Messages produced in RMC and automated AIS-AtoN messages can be broadcasted to AIS receiver units within the range.
- The dynamic data and information flow from local sensors which connected to AIS AtoN can be broadcasted in AIS message format and will be shared with RMC.
- Two-way data transmission for the remote control of the navigational aids, AIS-AtoN and its connected units are enabled.
- RMC collects, processes and evaluates the information for system management purposes.