i-ais-AN1 is an AIS Aids to Navigation (AtoN) Station which basically broadcasts AIS Message 21 about the location and real-time status of the AtoN on which it is physically or virtually located.
i-ais-AN1 transmits static and dynamic data such as name, type, MMSI, position, Lantern status, Rotating Beacon status, battery voltage etc. to the other AIS devices. i-ais-AN1 is operated to enhance the safe and efficient navigation of vessels and/or vessel traffic by maritime authorities. It can also be securely queried and configured over VDL (VHF Data Link) using encrypted AIS Message 6.
With its powerful CPU, i-ais-AN1 offers simultaneous NMEA communication via separate interfaces for various AtoN devices (i.e. RACON, MOS, Lantern, etc). Flexible Lantern Interface provides communication with well known LED lantern brands. What is more, RS-232 serial communication with Rotating Beacons via optional Rotating Beacon interface Unit is supported.
Thanks to the optional i-kon-CGW Communication Gateway module, i-ais-AN1 provides redundant communication channels between AIS AtoN Station and Monitoring & Management Center. System works either through Ethernet connection (ADSL, DSL, etc.) or GPRS, as available.
i-ais-AN1 can collect meteorological / oceanographic sensor (MOS) data from a compatible data collection unit connected on its MOS port and broadcasts this data over AIS VDL network using Message 8 and / or send to the Monitoring & Management Center via connections provided by i-kon-CGW.
i-ais-AN1 provides both monitoring and control functions via local or remote access. With the help of user-friendly “Monitoring & Management SW”, maritime authorities can monitor marine traffic and status of system or manage the operation of AIS AtoN stations, Lanterns, RACONs and Rotating Beacons, etc.
- Periodical AIS AtoN static and dynamic data broadcast (Message 21)
- Remote AtoN monitoring and configuration (Message 6)
- Meteorological & hydrological message broadcast (Message 8)
- Support for Type 1 besides standard Type 3 operation
- Transmission of AIS messages (6, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 21)
- Reception of all AIS messages (1 to 27)
- Virtual and Synthetic AIS AtoN Transmissions (up to 4 AtoNs)
- Protection zone definition (transmits warning message to vessels)
- Remote operation through Ethernet or GPRS connection (optional)
- Robust housing (IP66)
- Fully compliant with IEC and ITU standards
- BSH and CE certified
- Compatible with i-SEA Platform
|Operating Temperature Range||-15 C to +55 C|
|Storage Temperature Range||-30 C to +70 C|
|Humidity||Up to 93% at 40 C non-condensing|
|Power Supply Voltage||12-24 V DC (min/max 10-30 V DC)|
152mm x 174mm x 146mm
VHF Antenna: N Female
|Case||Aluminum Alloy (AlMg05Si) 6063|
4 x RS-232 (NMEA I/F with ready drivers
for LANTERN, MOS, RACON, Solar Charge Controller )
1 x Open Collector Output